Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A Message from an unnamed African Pengie Chick :)



Hello, Audubon Members!

Do you know me? I am the newest member of the Audubon family! I am a baby African penguin, and I hatched at Audubon Aquarium of the Americas on February 21, 2009. I am the first penguin to hatch here in eight years so I have the entire penguin colony celebrating. My parents are Voodoo and Amquel (along with my human dad, Tom Dyer, the Aquarium's penguin keeper).

Everyone here is very caring but they have not been able to come up with a name that fits me. I need a name that tells the world I'm an Audubon family member and a New Orleans native. Since you are a member,(if you're not, you can purchase a membership), I thought YOU might have the perfect name. If you do, enter your idea in the penguin naming contest just for Audubon members. If you win, you'll get to name me and spend the day with me as a special Penguin Keeper!

Come visit me and my family at the Aquarium. I would love to meet you!

PS There is a nice gallery of penguin pix at this site.

Source:
http://www.auduboninstitute.org/membership_penguin_contest.html

Special thanks to "Nothing But Penguins" (see links) for the heads up!

No comments: