Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Gentoo penguin competition


Winner announced in Gentoo penguin competition

Monday 21st September 2009 - 4:45pm

People and property business, Gentoo took an alternative approach to engaging its customers at this year’s Chartered Institute of Housing conference, by asking them to improve the lives of its colony of promotional penguins.

With a trip for two to Sweden and a night in an Ice Hotel up for grabs, Gentoo received over 100 picture entries to the competition. Images were entered onto the competition Facebook page, and also via email and text, showing the penguins in a wide variety of ‘happy places’ including running the Race for Life and sunbathing by the pool.

Attendees at the conference were encouraged to rescue the penguins from an interactive iceberg using Bluetooth messaging and an animated penguin controlled by an Xbox 360.

The winning entry came from Louise Bradshaw, who sent in a picture diary of her penguin’s holiday to Fuengirola, in Spain. Beginning at the airport, taking in a bit of sight seeing and concluding with a wedding.

Louise, said: "I couldn't believe it when I found out I had won the trip. I never win anything. I was on the train when I checked my Facebook page and I wanted to tell everyone on the carriage but I managed to compose myself, as I was on my own.”

Jill Haley, Head of Business Development at Gentoo, said: “In keeping with Gentoo’s vision, the winning entry really did improve the penguin’s art of living beyond anyone’s imagination, even finding him a bride.

“We wanted to do something a little bit different and communicate with people in a more exciting way, which proved to be extremely popular.”

Source:
http://www.24dash.com/news/Housing/2009-09-21-Winner-announced-in-Gentoo-penguin-competition

No comments: