Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Walk like a penguin

Walk like a penguin

  • Source: Global Times
  • [August 03 2010]

Photo: vip.people.com.cn

Meet Mumble, the confused Chinese chicken who thinks he's a penguin.

A fisherman named Lu Xi in Jinhu county in Jiangsu Province said when he purchased this hen during the Spring Festival, it walked in a strange way.
Now grown up, it stands as a penguin with its back erect and does not fly, choosing to stay on the ground while other hens roost at night.
"He only has little wings, just like a penguin, which he sticks out when he walks. I guess that's why he never flies," said Lu.
Local media at Jiangsu nicknamed the chicken Mumble after the character in the film Happy Feet, about a penguin who can't sing, so dances instead. Lu added, "I have not seen the film but I like the name, although my bird can't dance - and I don't think he can swim either.
"But he should be happy - my family all like him and so we decided to keep him instead of putting him in the pot."

Source

No comments: