Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Penguins in a flap...

... over alien iceberg

Penguins run away from UFO shaped iceberg
March of the penguins ... a group of flappers seem to run away from a UFO-shaped iceberg
Caters
 
Published: 28th March 2012

A GROUP of penguins were left in a flap as they ran for cover from an iceberg shaped like an alien spaceship.


The bizarre UFO-style mass was formed when an iceberg fell into the sea with just the core left.
In another shot the vast polar landscapes tower over the penguins and look like something from another planet.


penguins on a bizarre-shaped iceberg
Surreal ... penguins on a bizarre-shaped iceberg
Caters
 
The pictures were taken by Andrey Pavlov, from Moscow, Russia, while on an Antarctic expedition.
He said: "I was really amazed by the beauty of this place.
"The views reminded me of science fiction movies about space and the universe.


A penguin with its young cries out
Yappy feet ... a penguin with its young cries out
Caters
 
"When I saw these penguins swimming and running it looked like they were trying to get away from a UFO-shaped iceberg.
"My first thought was that they looked like aliens invading the earth.
"It is one of my favourite shots and I think I was really luck to be able to capture this scene."

 source

No comments: