- Dobie -- Male, 25, coupled with Dixie. The tallest of the bunch, Dobie has been known to collect pieces of matt for nesting material. He's also a good program bird, as he allows the aquarists to handle him without a fuss.
- Dixie -- Female, 27, coupled with Dobie. Dixie has been faithful to Dobie, despite advances by other penguins. She has widened hips, which creates an awkward gait. But she appears normal when she swims.
- Moby -- Male, 23, coupled with Sundae. One of the most social penguins, he likes to hang out with and court the trainers, and allows them to rub his back. He's also the heaviest and the most aggressive during feeding time.
- Sundae -- Female, 20, coupled with Moby. Like her partner, she is very affectionate towards the trainers and doesn't mind being handled.
- Edgar -- Male, 27, coupled with violet. One of the most patient birds, he waits until the others are done feeding before he feasts. He's territorial and won't let Violet come into their nest until he's done chowing down.
- Violet -- Female, 26, coupled with Edgar. Like Moby, she is aggressive during feeding time. The toughest of the females, she holds her own when challenged by another bird.
- Astro -- Male, 23, coupled with Jo. The most vocal of the group, he has been known to call out to strangers. He's been collecting rocks secretly from the trough, a sign of affection for Jo.
- Jo -- Female, 27, coupled with Astro. She is more skiddish than the others, preferring to keep her distance during feeding time (she opts to catch the food in her mouth).
- Phil -- Male, 27, coupled with Izzy. The shortest of the males, he was the last to find a mate. Later, he met his true love, Izzy.
- Izzy -- Female, 23, coupled with Phil. The most petite of the females, she and Phil are a perfect match. A bit more cautious than her compatriots, she does not like to be handled.
The Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk is at 10 N. Water St. "All Access Penguins" tours will be held Sat, Sun, Dec. 11 and 12, 18 and 19 and Dec. 26-Jan. 2 at 9 a.m. $32.50, $22.50 for members (includes Aquarium admission). Tour is limited to 12 people. Children must be at least 7 years old and children younger than 15 must be accompanied by an adult. 203-852-0700, ext. 2206, www.maritimeaquarium.org.
Each day of the tours, at noon and 3 p.m., a winning ticket will be drawn from the Aquarium general admission tickets. The ticket number will be announced and posted in several locations in the Aquarium. Upon presentation of the winning ticket stub, all visitors of any age will be awarded a free penguin visit.