Jan. 20 is Penguin Awareness Day.
What better way to celebrate icy cold January than with your favorite Arctic bird?
Penguin Awareness Day is on Jan. 20—so bundle up your kids and take them to Mystic Aquarium to learn more about penguins, a native bird from Antarctica. This is a great opportunity to get everyone out of the house and see penguins in action.
Penguin Awareness Day became a holiday in order to raise awareness to the fact that these flightless birds are on the endangered species list.
Other ways to celebrate this holiday include:
- Dressing like a penguin (those tuxedos are cute!)
- Donating to Non-Profit Organizations that Help Penguins
- Adopt a Penguin
- Educate yourself about penguins and share what you learn with family and friends
- Watch a Penguin Movie
- Read a book about Penguins in books from your local Barnes and Noble.
- Indulge in Penguin Desserts