Thursday, April 2, 2015

Adorable baby #penguin jumps all over photographer

A photographer got more than he bargained for when a baby penguin decided to jump on him in this adorable video.



Joel Oleson, 41, was on a work trip to Antarctica when he was approached by the baby penguin.
But instead of just pecking his feet and walking by, the chick climbed onto his stomach and got a bit too close for comfort!
The penguin contemplates jumping on the photographer
 
In the footage, Mr Oleson can be seen welcoming the little penguin and then gasping in shock as it jumps up onto his stomach. He met the over-friendly penguin after his guide took him to a penguin rookery with thousands of penguins.

Penguin sits on man's face

Mr Oleson, from California, said: "The parents of the baby penguins were stand offish, but the baby penguins weren't afraid at all. "Our guide said we shouldn't approach the penguins, but if they came to us, it was ok. After a couple minutes the baby penguins surrounded me and one of them was pecking at my head and jumped on my face and another crawled up on my side and lay on my chest. It was an incredible experience. At first I was thinking, 'this is so cool' - I can't believe this is happening."

 source

No comments: